99% of Trainings are free.
$20 On-Boarding Fee / $60 per Year Membership Fee.
Why do we charge a fee?
It’s unfortunate, but we have expenses to cover in order to keep this running. We do not take profit. Every dollar we take in goes straight to the unit. They buy everything from printer paper to water trailers. We could hold training courses each weekend and charge hundreds per day like many others do, but a commitment to join the militia goes beyond just learning personal skills. It is a commitment to serve Texas. That’s why training is essentially free, all year long.
Annual Fee – We make monthly $5 payments available. This is our only regular source of income and typically pays for paperwork, equipment taxes and other unit expenses.
On-Boarding Fee – We charge $20 once you are approved to help us recover some our background check costs.
Requirements to Join The Texas State Militia:
- 18 years of age or older. We will accept members of 15-17, but they must be chaperoned by a guardian who is an established and patched-in member.
- US Citizen.
- Texas Resident.
- You must complete an application (link below).
- Applicant must be of sound mind and judgement. We will not accept members that are prone to long, antigovernmental rants, extremist, anti-constitutional views, or who get really deep into conspiracy theories.
- Applicant can not have any felonies or misdemeanors of a violent nature.
- Must pass a complete criminal and internet background check.
- Must attend a one-on-one interview.
- Must pay a $20 on-boarding fee upon admission to TSM Houston. (this helps pay for your background check and paperwork, if you are not accepted, you are not charged this fee.)
- You will be sent a welcome packet via email. This is will explain a great many things to you about our unit, and provide a link to pay your on-boarding fee.
- You will be assigned to a local fireteam.
- You will be invited to our social media page where we collaborate, announce training schedules, and carry out some of our normal unit business. You need to accept this invitation.
- You will be scheduled to attend an orientation meeting to meet local leaders and members.
- You will be able to schedule your basic training.